UK Phone orders: +448002606670 (Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm and Sat 8am - 5pm).
Svinando
| Register

No extra taxes or custom charges

"Gran Maestro" Offida Rosso DOCG 2016

93

LM

4

B

Biologico
Da Regalare
Vino premiato
Castignano
Vintage: 2016
Location: Marken, Castignano (AP)
8
£ 23.50 £ 18.50 -21%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 24.67/lt.)
cod. 02153

Son of a unique terroir

What: From Montepulciano grapes and a small part of Merlot
Why: For its very long persistence
Perfect with: Grilled lamb or kid ribs

Marketed by: Giordano Vini S.p.A. via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.
AWARDED AWARDED

"Gran Maestro" Offida Rosso DOCG 2016

Castignano
Vintage: 2016
Location: Marken, Castignano (AP)

93

Luca Maroni

4

Bibenda


£ 23.50 £ 18.50 -21%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 24.67/lt.)
cod. 02153

Son of a unique terroir

What: From Montepulciano grapes and a small part of Merlot
Why: For its very long persistence
Perfect with: Grilled lamb or kid ribs

Marketed by: Giordano Vini S.p.A. via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.

"Gran Maestro" Offida Rosso DOCG 2016 - Castignano

Gran Maestro is an Offida Rosso DOCG. This territorial wine is the son of a unique terroir. The soil, the particular exposure and the exceptional microclimatic conditions of the vineyards of origin, in fact, characterise its elegance and great personality. Montepulciano grapes for 85% and Merlot for the remaining 15%, the grapes are vinified separately, with a prolonged maceration. After racking, the wine matures in barriques for a period of about 16 months, before being bottled and resting in the cellar for a further 6 months. Elegant, complex, with a dry, soft and full-bodied flavour. This Gran Maestro offers a very long persistence and is a wine suitable for important meat dishes. If, in addition to the traditional steak, lamb or kid ribs also find their place on the grill, the result will be simply astonishing.

Cantine di Castignano is a beautiful rural reality in the Piceno region. They work vines of unquestionable value, some selected autochthonous, which represent the wine identity of the region. The winery is located in the historic and characteristic village from which it takes its name. Founded in 1960, it was the first cooperative winery in the Piceno region, and is currently one of the largest in the Marche region. Thanks to its approximately 500 hectares of vineyards, managed with passion and skill by as many contributing members. A unique terroir that benefits from the influence of the Sibillini Mountains to the west and the Adriatic Sea to the east. For more than 50 years, it has been a reference point for wine-growing in the region, thanks to its still and sparkling wines, but also in the olive-growing sector, thanks to the production of top-quality extra-virgin olive oil in its own mill.

Technical Data Sheet

CHARACTERISTICS
  • TypeStill dry red wine DOCG
  • Location Marken
  • Grapes montepulciano 85%, cabernet sauvignon 10%, merlot 5%
  • Sensations Colour: intense ruby red. Bouquet: cherry under spirit with prolonged red fruit aromas with hints of cocoa, currant and pepper. Taste: dry, soft and full-bodied
  • Vinification the grapes are vinified separately with prolonged maceration and matured for 16 months in barrique barrels and finally for a further 6 months in bottles
  • Alcoholic strength 14% vol
  • Allergens Contains sulphites
TASTING RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Tips Store in a cool place, away from light, bottle lying down. Do not refrigerate. Open at least 15 minutes before serving
  • Serving temperature 18 grades
  • GlassGran Balon / Borgogna
  • When to drink it Ageing wine
  • Pairing Meat menu
VINEYARD
  • Terrain medium, predominantly clayey
  • Exposure and altitude Northwest
  • Breeding method Spalier
  • Planting density 3000
Awarded
  • Luca Maroni 93
  • Bibenda Present in the guide!
you will also like

If you want to buy "Gran Maestro" Offida Rosso DOCG 2016 of Castignano, on Svinando you will find the best value for money for your online wine purchases. Still dry red wine DOCG with secure payments. Svinando is the Italian website with over 50,000 satisfied customers. In addition to "Gran Maestro" Offida Rosso DOCG 2016 of Castignano you might also be interested in our other wines in stock

Fast delivery
Free Returns
Satisfied or refunded
Shipment monitoring
Free assistance