UK ORDER OVER THE PHONE: +44 800 26 06 670
Svinando logo
LOGIN
REGISTER

"Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020

"Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020.
96

LM

Biologico
Da Regalare
Vino premiato
'Collezione Oro' Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020, Piccini 1882
'Collezione Oro' Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020, Piccini 1882 AUX 1
Piccini 1882
Vintage: 2020
Location: Tuscany, Siena
246
£ 15.90 £ 9.90 -38%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 13.20/lt.)
cod. S3213
An elegant Tuscan red

What: Sangiovese and a hint of Cabernet Sauvignon
Why: For its decisive character
Perfect with: Grilled meat

Marketed by: Svinando Wine Club via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.
AWARDED AWARDED
"Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020
Piccini 1882
Vintage: 2020
Location: Tuscany, Siena

96

Luca Maroni


£ 15.90 £ 9.90 -38%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 13.20/lt.)
cod. S3213
An elegant Tuscan red

What: Sangiovese and a hint of Cabernet Sauvignon
Why: For its decisive character
Perfect with: Grilled meat

Marketed by: Svinando Wine Club via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.
"Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020 - Piccini 1882

Take a generous portion of Sangiovese, about 90%, healthy and perfectly ripe grapes, let's be clear. Now add a portion of Cabernet Sauvignon, the improving grape par excellence. The result can only be a great red, like this Collezione Oro, Chianti Riserva DOCG proposed by Piccini. The grapes are vinified separately at a controlled temperature and undergo a long maceration to extract all the best colour and aromas. Then, after racking, the wine is left to rest for a period of at least 9 months in wood. A part, about 70%, is put into large oak containers. The remaining 30%, on the other hand, goes into barriques to acquire greater richness and aromatic complexity. The result is a wine characterised by a beautiful, not excessively deep ruby red colour. The nose presents an intensely fruity and persistent bouquet. In the mouth, however, it is rich and gratifying, with light notes of vanilla and a hint of spice on the finish. Warm, pleasantly alcoholic, it has soft tannins that make it an ideal companion for lunches and dinners where meat, preferably grilled, is the absolute protagonist.

Technical Data Sheet
CHARACTERISTICS
  • TypeStill dry red wine
  • Location Tuscany
  • Years of ageing

    They rightly call themselves 'The Italian wine family'. After all, what is now an enormous enterprise that revolves around the work of 7 wineries, in Tuscany but not only, and that is able to put millions of bottles of wine on the market every year, originates from a single small plot of land in Poggibonsi. It was purchased in 1882 by Angiolo Piccini who founded his own company with his wife, Maria Teresa Totti. From that small plot, 7 hectares in all, the first Chianti straw flasks were produced. The rest is history, work and commitment. Today, Mario Piccini, the fourth generation of the family, runs the company. With him are his sisters Martina and Elisa and his children Ginevra, Benedetta and Michelangelo, all personally involved in the company's activities. Five of the family's seven estates are cultivated according to organic farming principles.

  • Grapes Sangiovese 90%, Cabernet Sauvignon 10%
  • Sensations An intensely fruity and persistent bouquet, the flavour spreads out sinuously with subtle notes of vanilla and a hint of spice on the finish. Warm on the palate with soft tannins, 'Collezione Oro' is velvety, rich in structure and with a long finish. It is a wine of profound complexity, harmonious and elegant.
  • Vinification Only the best Sangiovese and Cabernet grapes, selected during the harvest, are destined for 'Collezione Oro'. After reaching their ideal ripeness, the grapes are vinified separately at a controlled temperature and undergo a long maceration. Matured for 9 months, 70% in oak barrels and 30% in barriques.
  • Alcoholic strength 13.5% vol
  • Allergens Contains sulphites
TASTING RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Tips Store in a cool place, away from light, bottle lying down. Do not refrigerate. Open at least 15 minutes before serving
  • Serving temperature 18 degrees
  • GlassGran Balon / Burgundy
  • When to drink it within 5 years
  • Pairing Meat menu
VINEYARD
  • Terrain clay with good presence of friable skeleton.
  • Exposure and altitude South West
  • Breeding method Espalier with spurred cordon pruning.
  • Planting density 4500
Awarded
  • Luca Maroni 96

you will also like

If you want to buy "Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020 of Piccini 1882, on Svinando you will find the best value for money for your online wine purchases. Still dry red wine with secure payments. Svinando is the Italian website with over 50,000 satisfied customers. In addition to "Collezione Oro" Chianti Riserva DOCG 2020 of Piccini 1882 you might also be interested in our other wines in stock

Fast delivery
GUARANTEED RETURN
Satisfied or refunded
Shipment monitoring
Free assistance