UK Phone orders: +448002606670 (Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm and Sat 8am - 5pm).
Svinando
| Register

No extra taxes or custom charges

Chianti Ormanni DOCG

Fattoria Ormanni
Vintage: 2018
Location: Tuscany, Poggibonsi (SI)
180
£ 19.00 £ 13.60 -28%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 18.13/lt.)
cod. 5797

Sangiovese and a hint of Merlot for an easy-to-pair Chianti

What: A Chianti to drink young
Why: For those who want an easy but not trivial red wine
Perfect with: Tuscan cold cuts

Marketed by: Giordano Vini S.p.A. via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.

Chianti Ormanni DOCG

Fattoria Ormanni
Vintage: 2018
Location: Tuscany, Poggibonsi (SI)
£ 19.00 £ 13.60 -28%
Format 0.75 l. (£ 18.13/lt.)
cod. 5797

Sangiovese and a hint of Merlot for an easy-to-pair Chianti

What: A Chianti to drink young
Why: For those who want an easy but not trivial red wine
Perfect with: Tuscan cold cuts

Marketed by: Giordano Vini S.p.A. via G. Cane 47bis-50 12055 Diano d'Alba (CN) - Italy.

Chianti Ormanni DOCG - Fattoria Ormanni

95% Sangiovese and the remaining 5% of Merlot grapes, allowed by the regulations. Strictly organic cultivation and vineyards that are located just outside the boundaries of the historical Black Rooster Chianti area. There is no shortage of ingredients for a good meal wine. In fact, one sip is enough to fall in love with this Chanti Docg by Ormanni. A versatile wine, young and enjoyable from the very first months of life. A surprisingly fruity sip that conquers the palate with notes of ripe red fruits, cherries and strawberries. A perfect glass in every situation but that can give its best when you taste it with typical Tuscan salami cut with a knife.

The Ormanni estate dates back as far as the 13th century. A typical Tuscan farmhouse that was purchased by the Brini family from Carmignano at the start of the 19th century, They still own it and over the years have been able to renovate it, make it grow and prosper to the point that today it is considered one of the most modern wineries in the Chianti Classico area. It is located between Castellina and Poggibonsi. Almost seventy hectares of vineyards, with "mature" vines and some even historical ones still trained to the alberello system. Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Syrah are the red varieties cultivated, while Trebbiano, Malvasia, Chardonnay and Viognier are the white varieties. The winery is run on an organic basis and offers great wines that respect their territory of origin.

Technical Data Sheet

CHARACTERISTICS
  • TypeDry Still Red Wine DOCG
  • Location Tuscany
  • Grapes Sangiovese 95%, Merlot 5%
  • Sensations Red fruit flavours such as cherries and strawberries
  • Vinification Fermentation in stainless steel at a controlled temperature. Ageing In cement tanks for 10-12 months.
  • Alcoholic strength 13,5% vol
  • Allergens Contains sulphites
TASTING RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Tips Store in a cool place, away from light, bottle lying down. Do not refrigerate. Open at least 15 minutes before serving
  • Serving temperature 18°
  • GlassGrand Balloon / Burgundy
  • When to drink it 4 years from now
  • Pairing Wine suitable for every dish, from starters with cold cuts, pasta with meat sauce, to main courses of meat and cheese
VINEYARD
  • Terrain Sandy
  • Exposure and altitude 250-350m a.s.l.
  • Breeding method Guyot
  • Planting density 4000 vines per hectare
you will also like

If you want to buy Chianti Ormanni DOCG of Fattoria Ormanni, on Svinando you will find the best value for money for your online wine purchases. Dry Still Red Wine DOCG with secure payments. Svinando is the Italian website with over 50,000 satisfied customers. In addition to Chianti Ormanni DOCG of Fattoria Ormanni you might also be interested in our other wines in stock

Fast delivery
Free Returns
Satisfied or refunded
Shipment monitoring
Free assistance