Visiting the website of the Azienda Agricola San Benedetto, in San Gimignano, one discovers a beautiful reality founded as far back as 1826. At that time, the Giannelli family ran a small farm with vineyards, olive groves and livestock at San Benedetto. This farm, called 'podere Casaccia', was managed under the old sharecropping system until the 1960s, when brothers Dario and Giuseppe, with their respective sons, decided to buy the first piece of land. In 1975, therefore, the first part of the winery was built on this very land, with the name Azienda Agricola Giannelli. The rest is the story of an 'ordinary entrepreneurial success' that led to the acquisition of new vineyards and the construction of a larger winery with modern equipment. This led to 1998, when the company took its current name of Azienda Agricola San Benedetto. New name, same goal as always: to produce quality, territorial wines.